Ratatouille Bread

 After making the tian for the shelter the other day, I still had lots of vegetables left over.

 The shelter had tons of stale loaves of round bread which, of course, they gave to me.

 So, what to make with all of that bread?

 I made a load of ratatouille with all of the vegetables.

I cut the bread into shallow bowls and brushed them with garlic butter and baked them until they were crisp on the outside.
 I lined them with provolone and baked them a bit longer until the cheese melted.

 Then I piled them with ratatouille and covered them with more cheese.

I baked them until the cheese was all melted and they were heated through.  I made enough to feed 100 guys.  They were still hot when I got to the shelter and the guys immediately cut them into wedges and passed them out for everyone. It was a really good way to feed the guys lots of good fresh vegetables.

Comments

Suzanne said…
I just ate.......I am now hungry again
Sounds delicious! I'd eat one!
Anonymous said…
That's a smart way to use old stale bread!

Have a great day!
Christer.
Dog Trot Farm said…
Oh my, my mouth is watering!!!
Anonymous said…
oh joyce how clever and delicious, I bet they loved it! I would like to know if the men have had any improvement in their health since you started your volunteer meals, I bet they are feeling better for all the goo food you supply,
TARYTERRE said…
That was a great way to use the bread. Clever, indeed. And sounds delicious.
Barb said…
As I have said before, those guys must love you!!
1st Man said…
Oh my!!! That looks amazing. What wonderful work you do. You're very inspiring!
kymber said…
jaz - whether you believe in heaven or not, i just want you to know that there is a special place up there for people like you. i thank you from the bottom of my heart.

your friend,
kymber
Mercy! Where do you get all of your energy? You are a walking, talking bundle of energy..not to mention a heart as big as all outdoors!
Craig said…
Can I adopt you? These looks luscious.
luckybunny said…
This I would absolutely LOVE. Delicious!
Mary Ann said…
This not only looks good, it was very resourceful!