Friday, January 17, 2014

Easy Good Guacamole

Yum!  I love guacamole!  I had a bunch of avocados sitting around waiting to be made into sushi but they surprised me and ripened before I was ready for sushi making.  So, guacamole.
 Just scoop the avocado out of the shell and put it in a bowl.  I used 5 avocados for this recipe.  Squeeze 2 large limes over them, add 1 T. cumin, 2 tsp. granulated garlic and some sea salt to taste.

 I use a pastry blender to mash my avocados.  Smoosh them to your preferred consistency. Taste and adjust seasonings.

 Add 3 T. finely diced red onion.  Mix this all together, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate before serving. 

10 comments:

Laura said...

Yum! I love guacamole but have never made it. I'll give this a try soon!
blessings
~*~

ps...hugs to Teddy

Patty Woodland said...

I love guacamole...now I want some

thecottagebythecranelaketwo said...

I take guacamole before sushi any day :-)

Have a great day!
Christer.

Guillaume said...

Yummy, guacacole.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Do you stick the guacamole nut back in the bowl to keep the guacamole green instead of turning brown? It really does work.

TARYTERRE said...

I LOVE guacamole and avocados. This sounds real good.

Nellie said...

Wonderful! Pass it this way, please.:)

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Of course in California guacamole is a standard thing to have. Everyone makes it and pretty much the same way. Your recipe is a bit different..we don't put garlic in it..or cumin. I MUST try this. It sound delicious!

Jim said...

Had some at a restaurant today....and said I should make some soon! And here you are! thanks. Looks good.

Kay said...

Hmmm... I do happen to have some avocados...