Korean Beef

This is a quick, easy and very tasty meal.  I bet little kids will like it too.  
Add 1 T. of sesame oil to a pan.  Add 1 pound of ground beef and 3 minced garlic cloves.  Cook until browned and drain off any grease.

Add 1 diced onion and 1 can of diced water chestnuts.

Sprinkle in 1 tsp. of red pepper flakes.  Add more if you want it to be spicy.

Mix in 1/4 C. of brown sugar, 1/4 C. of soy sauce, 1 T. grated fresh ginger, 1 tsp. fish sauce and 1 T. rice wine vinegar.  Cook at a simmer for about 15 minutes.

Serve it over rice and sprinkle it with sliced green onions.  I added a layer of sliced head lettuce under the meat but you can't really see it in this pic. You could also sprinkle this with toasted sesame seeds but I didn't think of that until I was writing this post.

Comments

Guillaume said…
Looks like an Eastern version of the chili con carne, except without the beans.
Anonymous said…
Looks very much like something I do every now and again and it's so good. But I don't think I've ever used sesame oil, must try that soon!

Have a great day!
Christer.
brokenteepee said…
Sounds yummy. I'll have to give it a try with some venison I have in the freezer
Barb said…
That sounds so good!
TARYTERRE said…
This looks really good. Love the fact you added green onions.
1st Man said…
That looks delicious!!! And super easy. And funny thing I was looking at the picture before i read it and I thought "mmm, that would be perfect for toasted sesame seeds on top", ha. Thanks, I might make this for dinner next week!
Anything with rice and green onions has to be delicious. Some of the ingredients I don't have so I must send PH to the store. (I hate shopping for groceries and he knows the market better than I do.)
Should I be ashamed? :)
thewiildmagnola said…
looks delicious
quick
economical...

gather the additives a few at a time. then make it.
jody said…
omg this looks soo good im going to have to make it! id make it right now but for some reason, no beef! tomorrow!
jody said…
omg this looks soo good im going to have to make it! id make it right now but for some reason, no beef! tomorrow!
jody said…
got everything else but.. the beef!