Saturday, March 22, 2014

Snow and Treats

We had more snow yesterday and more frigid weather is on the way.
So I made my gang some simple but yummy treats. You can seriously whip these up in about 5 minutes.

I missed taking the first photos.  Put 1 C. of sugar and 1 C. of corn syrup in a heavy pot.  Bring this to a boil and let it boil for 1 minute.  Remove from the heat and add 1 C. of peanut butter and 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.  Mix it until it is smooth.

Pour it over 5 C. of Cherrios.  Toss until all of the Cherrios are coated.

Spread them in a 9 X 13 inch buttered pan.

These set up almost immediately.

Cut into squares.

They taste a lot like Payday candy bars.

10 comments:

Cuisine de Provence said...

Poor you - yet more snow! And here we think we are having a bad weekend because it rains....

Laurie M said...

your yard looks lovely dusted in snow, this looks like a great recipe for kids to make, my grandson would love this,

Nellie said...

Oh, yum! Perfect for munching while watching basketball games!:)

Patty Woodland said...

We had snow yesterday and more is expected tomorrow. I'm ready to give up

thecottagebythecranelaketwo said...

I'm so glad it isn't my garden covered with snow like that :-)

Those treats look delicious! Thaan god I don't have all ingredients at home :-) I'm full of sugar after my pancakes with lots of jam and maple syrup :-)

Have a great day!
Christer.

Guillaume said...

My kind of treat. Like a rice krispies squared, but cheerios instead.

Megs said...

I will have to save this recipe!

TARYTERRE said...

They look yummy. For some reason I'm allergic to Payday candybars.

Mantan Calaveras said...

I have been looking for something with healthy fats and sugars, and without wheat, to eat in the mornings as fuel for work.

I got dried coconut flakes, and then mixed in some dried berrie and chopped up candied ginger, and then I added brown rice syrup and coconut oil

luckybunny said...

Ah there was the snow! :) I gotta try these goodies, I know a couple guys here who would LOVE them! and likely me too :)