New Potatoes with Celery Sauce

This is a dish that I like to prepare in the Spring. The celery sauce is a combination of a gremolata and a vinaigrette.
Boil some small red potatoes in some salted water until they are fork tender.  Drain and set these aside.

Dice 5 stalks of celery.  Add about 4 cloves of diced garlic and 1 thinly sliced Spring onion.

In a separate bowl, grate the zest of 1 lemon and add 1 tsp. of salt and 1 tsp. of pepper.  Squeeze in the juice of the lemon.

Add 4 T. of diced parsley.

Add 1/4 C. of white balsamic vinegar and 1 T. of honey.  Slowly whisk in about 3/4 C of olive oil.  Taste and adjust the seasoning.

Pour this over the celery mix.

Stir this around and let it sit at room temp for about an hour.  Stir occasionally.

Cut up some of the potatoes and place them in a bowl.

Top them with some of the sauce.  The potatoes can be hot, warm or cold.  They can also sit on some lettuce if you would like this to be a salad.  In that case, I would top it with sliced hard boiled eggs.  This is a wonderful combination of flavors.

Comments

Anonymous said…
How I long for new potatoes! but I tend to avoid celeryt as much as I can :-)

Have a great day!
Christer.
Nellie said…
Yum! New potatoes! This sounds really good!
jody said…
Yum!! Happy Birthday!! Enjoy your Day!!!
Sunnybrook Farm said…
That sounds interesting, I haven't had anything like it, I will have to check to see if I have celery.
Anonymous said…
sounds light and fresh, very spring like, new potatoes are a very long way off for us, long long long way off, still snow on the ground here,
Guillaume said…
Interesting mix. Would be nice to accompany fish, I think.
TARYTERRE said…
That is an unusual mix of flavors. Sounds delicious.
Jim said…
This looks and sounds so delicious! Thanks for this. Will try it out when the local new potatoes arrive.
Unknown said…
New potatoes have just been added to my shopping list.
I DO love potatoes, and this sounds delicious! New potatoes are So good and always look so pretty in any dish. Great recipe..and one I want to try. Thanks, by the way, for all the time you take to not only cook great meals for your family and so many others..but to share your recipes with us. You are appreciated, Joyce!
1st Man said…
Wow this sounds so good! I've never had a celery sauce like that and I love celery. Thanks!!! And did I see it was a birthday? Did I miss it? Happy Day, belated!!