Hot Dog Relish

While pouring through my new favorite blog, I found his recipe for hot dog relish. I new I had to make some right away.
You can find his recipe here: http://www.docaitta.com/2011/06/recipe-sweet-spicy-green-hot-dog-relish.html
I actually put the extras in a water bath and canned it.    Take some time and check out his blog.  He has great recipes and gardening advice.  http://www.docaitta.com
I also researched some other relish recipes and decided to try this famous hot dog relish from Maine.  It is called Flo's Famous Hot Dog Relish and it is wicked good.

You can find this recipe here:  http://www.food.com/recipe/flos-special-hot-dog-relish-218607

I think if you are going to eat something like a hot dog, you should eat the very best hot dog possible.

I used the hot dog bun recipe I found on docaitta too.

Flo's sauce cooks for quite some time until most of the liquid is gone.

I made my gang hot dogs using a different relish on each dog and they loved both of them.


Comments

brokenteepee said…
Now I'm going to go cook a hot dog
Anonymous said…
The first one look very much like one we cal Boston Cucumber but I think this is more hot than ours and they use pickled cucumber in Boston Cucumber. A must together with hotdogs :-)

Have a great day!
Christer.
Guillaume said…
Those hot dogs and the relish look delicious. This is what I should have had for dinner. Friday should be fish and chips day or hot dog day.
TARYTERRE said…
That looks yummy. Now you put me in the mood for a dog.
Mary Ann said…
Both of them look so good... and I bookmarked the blog to sit and read tonight!
Jim said…
I have never tried home made relishes. These look wonderful and I can imagine it now on a good hot dog.Thanks for this and I will be on the hunt for turkey dogs at the market!!
jody said…
Love loaded hot dogs and would love to try the relishes.. Guess ill book mark for now..i think its hard to find a good hot dog in this area.. Enjoy your day Joyce! Its raining here but beautiful and green!
chickpea678 said…
Good grief the people you feed are lucky!