Glamping at the Fair

Do you glamp or know someone who does?  It is all the rage right now.  Glamping is glamorous camping.  This tent was not open when we were at the antique fair.  Maybe they were still sleeping! These tents usually have sofas and rugs, lamps and sometime chandeliers in them. This one has a front porch set up with lounge chairs, a crochet set and a wood holder for your fire.  I really wanted to see the inside.

 This one was set up by an iron guy that would make you a custom iron ring in which to build your fire.


 This was a rather large event.


 There were newly landscaped rock formations all through the property.

 A fresh spring runs through the property and they dammed two areas to form two ponds.  The water is murky because it had just rained. They had bird house gourds hanging from all the trees.

 The food area had the prerequisite funnel cake truck.

 But it also had this cupcake truck.

 Click to choose yours.

 The barn/stable area was set up for a pig roast.

 The chainsaw guy carved a cowboy and his saddle for the occasion. 
 We were there early so we did not stay for the pig roast.

 Though the pig appeared to be ready. They made him undress.

 Santeria was at first suspected.

This trough is dated 1903.
 Inside of the stable.

Click for a closer look.  This barn is to die for.  Look at the woodwork.  I have many more photos so I will show more tomorrow.

Comments

Megs said…
Santeria, LOL! Where's my chicken foot?
Wonderful barn- can't wait for the other pictures.
Susan said…
I could live in that barn. I think, at this point in my life, glamping is the only way I would sleep outdoors. What a great fire ring! Talented guy. I'm glad you do all this traveling. I can enjoy it virtually vicariously.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
poor pig, he has seen better days!!
That trough would look great in your garden!! I think the glamping looks like the fancy Yurts they have in Europe! Beautiful spot to visit, thats a very posh barn!!!!
brokenteepee said…
That was a beautiful barn
Guillaume said…
This seems to have been a great fair. Such an atmospheric setting anyway.
Barb said…
I agree, that is a beautiful barn! Looks like a fun event!
Nellie said…
What fun! I don't think I'd call that "roughing it" with the fancy tent set up.
TARYTERRE said…
Love, just love that cupcake camper truck. Vintage and sweet.
That barn is indeed magnificent! I've heard of glamping but have never done it. However, it's the only way I would ever consider sleeping in a (*shudder*) tent.
Herbalgirl said…
I can't get "funnel" cake out of my mind. Must look it up. I love that iron ring and the trough. Beautiful.
Joy said…
Love the cupcake truck!

But I just can't understand glamping, why not just stay at a hotel or cute B&B instead then? ;-)
Anonymous said…
What a place!

I do like those bird house gourds! I wonder if I can find any like that over here, it's too late to start growing gourds now :-)

That irong ring is so fine! I rarely have open fires myself but I still want it :-)

No I don't know anyone that glamps, over here it's the motorhomes that is the thing to buy right now but I guess glamping soon will arrive here too. It always does if it is popular in the US :-)

Thunder and rain here since yesterday, I've just popped in on the net between thunder storms :-)

Have a great day!
I LOVE funnel cake! The tent..glamping as they call it..not so much. But..if I was still into camping out..it might be really nice..naw..maybe not. Might as well stay home? But then you wouldn't have the scenery..lake..river..whatever. I guess it would be nice, but I am betting they cost a pretty penny.
AND how do you haul all of it, a moving van. Oh, I have a million questions about that.
The trough..WONDERFUL!! Looked heavy..but wouldn't it be pretty in just the right spot? Just sayin' ..as they say. :)
chickpea678 said…
Love the barn and the cupcake trailer!
Lois said…
We glamped on my 50th birthday. We drove to the mountains of Quebec and stayed in a beautiful gypsy caravan. It was perfect.