Eggplant Pizzas

If you like eggplant, you will really like this recipe. I was going to make classic eggplant parmesan but came across this recipe and I am so glad I found it.
 Slice and eggplant into 1/2 inch rounds.  Sprinkle them with kosher salt and let them sit on paper towels for 30 minutes.   Meanwhile, make the sauce.  I, of course, forgot to take a photo of this step.  Cook 3 cloves of diced garlic in a bit of oil in a sauce pan.  Add 1 large can of diced tomatoes, 1 tablespoon of sugar and 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning.  Stir and cook over medium heat until the sauce starts to thicken.  Add S&P to taste.  Pat the moisture off of the eggplant, brush with a bit of olive oil, and bake them at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.

 Remove the eggplant from the oven and sprinkle the slices with Italian seasoning.  Spread some sauce on each slice.

 Top the sauce with some shredded fresh basil.  Add shredded mozzarella and provolone cheese.  The better the quality of your cheese, the better the end result.

 I added a bit of shredded pepperoni too.  Place these under your broiler until the cheese bubbles and begins to turn golden.

Comments

Vera said…
This sounds wonderful - thank you! I often broil eggplant slices to put on home-made pizza, but this is nice and a little lighter without the dough crust.
TARYTERRE said…
LOVE this. LOVE eggplant. Can't wait to try it.
Anonymous said…
These do look tasty but I can never figure out if I actually like eggplant or if it just tastes like paper tissues with spices added to them :-) :-)

Have a great day!
Christer.
Susan said…
I am going to have to try this recipe! I love, love, love eggplant! And pizza! :)
greekwitch said…
Oh my! I love eggplant. I always say that eggplants are so decadent and rich in flavor that they should not be consider vegetables!!
This is really easy. I am definitely going to make them!
Nellie said…
Yum! So, so good!
I've been thinking of incorporating more eggplant into my diet. But so far thinking is all I've done. Perhaps I'll start with these eggplant pizzas?
brokenteepee said…
Now I can't wait for my eggplant to come in
c. Joy said…
I'm looking forward to trying this - when the kitchen is finished. Thanks for the recipe.
Another recipe I have got to try. PH is going to love these!!
1st Man said…
Um....YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!
Anonymous said…
That looks just delicious!