Old Fashioned Peach Pie

I bought a bunch of Chambersburg peaches at the Amish market.  These are delicious cling free peaches and I love cooking with them.
 I peeled the peaches and sliced them.

 Then added 1 c. of sugar, 1/2 C. flour, a pinch of salt and the juice of 1/2 lemon.

 I made a pate' brisee for this pie.  It is a heavy filling so it calls for a substantial crust.

 I place my dough in 2 baggies and roll it out in the baggies which makes it easier to handle.

 I sprinkled the top with cinnamon sugar before I baked it.  It bakes at 425 degrees for the first 15 minutes and then you lower the temp to 350 and continue to bake it.  It bakes for about another hour but the true test of a pie being done is when you see the filling bubbling.  You can see some of the peach filling which seeped out of the pie on the lower front.  When the filling has thickened like this, the pie is done baking.

Sorry I can't show you a cut piece or tell you how this tastes because it is wrapped and ready to be given away.  I hope it tastes good!

Comments

Alicia Foodycat said…
How can it fail to taste good? Those peaches look absolutely superb!
Leanne said…
ooooh those peaches look yummy! Lucky friend who got your pie.
Anonymous said…
I've never added any liquid to any of my pies so this made me curious! I'll go to the super market tomorrow, perhaps I should buy me some peaches or perhaps nectarines which I like even more? Must write down a list even if I tend to miss buying things even if I read it carefully :-)

It looks very nice :-)

Have a great day!
Christer.
Megs said…
I don't think I've had Chambersburg peaches- I will have to try them. That pie looks yummy.
Ellen in Oregon said…
Joyce, that is one exceptional looking pie. Whoever receives that gift is one lucky person.
Despite all the crazy weather this past year, the fruit seems exceptionally good this summer. I ate a ton of cherries the past few weeks and have now moved on to peaches & have filled the freezer with a good supply.
Guillaume said…
I rarely ate peach pies. The few I had were often too soggy. This one seems far more delicious than the ones I ate.
brokenteepee said…
I'm sure it will. I love peach pie!
TARYTERRE said…
That peach pie looks yummy.
Nellie said…
Yum! Peach pie! I've actually never heard of Chambersberg peaches until you've mentioned them. I'm not sure that variety is available where we are.
Barb said…
I think a pie made with fresh peaches is one of the best summer treats!!
Peach pie! I agree with Debra ..lucky recipient! It looks wonderful. Um..did you make two? Surely the Blog Tech and Dad would like one. :)
Joyce, it looks delicious, and I'm sure the recipient was thrilled!
greekwitch said…
I have never had a peach pie i wonder what it tastes like!
Anonymous said…
what a beautiful pie, the crust is lovely, I agree, it does need this crust, I would have made two, one to keep, lol!!!!How did you sneak that past your fellas,