Savory Vegetable Goat Cheese Crumble

This is a great recipe for using up your garden bounty.  You can serve it as a main dish or as a side.
 Dice some garlic. I used 4 cloves.

 Slice a sweet onion.

 Saute them in a bit of olive oil just until they begin to soften.

 Add chopped vegetables of your choice,  I used red and green peppers, tomatoes and zucchini.  Eggplant is excellent in this dish but my eggplants are not ready to harvest yet.  Season the veggies with S&P.

 Add some fresh herbs.  I used basil, oregano and rosemary.  Use whatever you like.

 Put the veggies in small ramekins. These hold about 1 cup each.  You can see that the vegetables are not cooked the whole way through.  They will continue to cook in the oven.

 In a bowl, mix 1 cup of panko bread crumbs with 1/4 cup of flour, S&P and some parmesan cheese (1/2 cup).

Add 1/2 cup of cubed butter and cut it into the crumbs using a pastry cutter or two forks.
 Sprinkle some crumbled goat cheese over the vegetables.

 Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the goat cheese.

 Bake these at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes.  The juice should be bubbling.

 Let them sit to cool for about 10 minutes before serving.

Comments

greekwitch said…
This is such a great idea!!
Anonymous said…
ooo, I like this!
Sunnybrook Farm said…
Those ingredients just go together well, it is a meal by its self.
Anonymous said…
Can't say I have any garden bounty yet :-) But this sounds absolutely delicious!

Thunderstorm here right now but most of it passes over the bog or the mountain thankfully because the lightning seems to hit in several places at the same time all the time :-)

Lots of rain and it has cooled down considerable :-)

Have a great day!
Christer.
I usually like anything served in cute little ramekins.
brokenteepee said…
They look yummy. I love meals like this that use what you have
TARYTERRE said…
Love the ramekins. Veggies look scrumptious.
Guillaume said…
Interesting idea.
Delightful..but can you use another kind of cheese besides goat cheese? Please, Joyce, don't tell me "one of your choice" name something! I just know I can't get goat cheese. Not that I know of.
How did your dinner go?
Ranni said…
I made this last night for dinner and it was WELL recieved! I used GF flour and yellow corn chips crushed for bread crumbs and no one but my daughter knew it was gluten-free. I was asked to make it in a casserole pan next time so they can have seconds and thirds. Great recipe!