Fresh Cherry Tomato Spaghetti Sauce

Are you suffering from a tomato overload like I am?  It's that time of year for sure.  We have been eating them in salads and on bruschetta but I still couldn't keep up with them so I made this sauce.  It is very good.
 Saute 4 sliced shallots in 1 cup of olive oil until they are translucent.  Add 1 head of diced garlic cloves.  Saute until they soften and then throw in 6 cups of cherry tomatoes.

 Add 2 cups of tomato sauce.

 Add about 6 stalks of fresh basil.

 Stir it all around.

 Partially cover the pot and let it cook over medium low heat for about 45 minutes.

 Using a potato masher, break the cherry tomatoes up.  I added 1 beef bouillon cube to enrich it.

 Continue to cook for about 30 minutes or so until the sauce thickens.  It develops a rich, silky texture.

 Boil some spaghetti and coat it with some of the sauce.  Place it in a bowl.

 Top it with extra sauce.

 Sprinkle on some Parmesan cheese and dig in.  Summer in a bowl.

Comments

Anonymous said…
sounds great and looks so petty, so fresh,
That's a real fall dish to me -- hot and hearty!
Nellie said…
Yum! I love fresh spaghetti sauce from our homegrown tomatoes!
OMG - could you just let me know the next time you serve this - I will fly right over!
Anonymous said…
How I wish :-) Lots of tomatoes but I'm afraid they never will turn red. Didn't You have a recipe for fried green tomatoes? I better think of doing that since we usually have our first frost night the first week in September.

Have a great day!
Christer.
Mary Ann said…
We are overwhelmed with tomatoes, too... and I am giving them away as fast as they ripen. Keith cannot eat tomatoes at the moment (acid) so I am trying to find homes for them, but this sauce looks fabulous!
We are having Company Saturday night..but I am not having a tomato over load...however..I am going to follow this recipe and use canned whole tomatoes...?? Will it work? I have to try ..
:)
Mona
TARYTERRE said…
Add some extra sauce on mine. That looks delicious.
Rue said…
The tomatoes are everywhere! I'm already giving away handfuls! I will definitely make this, as well as salsa - I can't keep up!
Barb said…
Sat. is Farmer's Market day for me! This has two of my favorite things , tomatoes and basil!! YUM!