Chagrin Falls, Ohio

 Chagrin Falls, Ohio....what a perfect little town.

 The Popcorn Shop is a local landmark and it sits right next to the falls.

 The water is muddy because there were severe storms the day before.

 This is some scary powerful water.

 It rushes right under the town's main street.


 The falls are surrounded by a classic small town park.

 This is a view from Main Street.

 This quaint inn sits right next to the falls.

 This is the second set of falls. That is the popcorn store sitting just above.


 The town still has a lot of the original buildings.

 And, of course, more lovely homes.

 I felt like I was walking through Camden, Maine.  It felt much more like a New England town than one in Ohio.

 There are not many towns I have visited that are as well kept as Chagrin Falls.

 Visiting this town is like going back in time.

 It takes me back to the days when no one locked their doors and all the neighborhood kids played outside all day.

 Where you decorated your bikes for Memorial Day.

 And waited all day on the 4th of July to watch the fireworks at night.

 This is absolutely my favorite home out of all we saw.  I love the red barn that goes with it.

 I am so glad we stumbled upon this wonderful small town.

I can't wait to visit it around Christmas.

Comments

Margaret said…
Absolutely beautiful! Maggie
NanaDiana said…
YOUR favorite is MY favorite, too. Beautiful little town. xo Diana
Anonymous said…
What a beautiful town and that Inn is even more beautiful!

Have a great day!
Christer.
I wonder how it got its name -- was someone named "Chagrin" or does it refer to the emotion?
Mary Ann said…
It is such a beautiful town!
Guillaume said…
Another town that would be a perfect setting for a horror story.
Ellen in Oregon said…
What an idyllic looking town. The 1st photo of Main St. looks just like it is out of a Frank Capra film. I grew up in a town along the Erie Canal in upstate NY and The whole town with it's river & falls instantly took me there. Chagrin really does look like it was plucked out of New England & landed in Ohio. It makes me want to go look at the town's real estate ads & consider a move to Ohio.
TARYTERRE said…
A charming place, indeed.
1st Man said…
Wow, what a lovely little town. It's like going back in time. The houses are awesome!!! I bet it will be incredible at Christmas!
Rue said…
Oh, I like them all so much - how would you choose? I do think the one you liked the best in this post has the most yard space (out front at least) and so I'd have to pick that for the sheer number of gardens I could have! And the barn!
Rue said…
Oh, I like them all so much - how would you choose? I do think the one you liked the best in this post has the most yard space (out front at least) and so I'd have to pick that for the sheer number of gardens I could have! And the barn!
Barb said…
What a delightful town!!
Oh, you know that's the home town of Will Watterson, the creator of Calvin and Hobbes.

He lives there still.
Susan said…
It is a lovely town - my old stomping grounds. Well, very near my old stomping grounds. It was a little pricey for my modest budget. It is, indeed, picture-perfect at Christmas!
brokenteepee said…
I've never heard of it but it looks lovely