Halloween Cupcakes

I made some cupcakes for my neighbor and my little friends yesterday.   Little kids are so excited for Halloween right now.  So am I.

I used eggs which had popped out of the chicken 2 days ago.  Look at the wonderful color in the batter.

These are the ones that went to the neighbor. She ate them for dinner.

The recipe:


1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs, at room temperature
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

 Fill muffin tins which have been  lined with cupcake cups. Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes until a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean.  Let them cool on a rack.
The frosting:  1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened

6 to 8 cups confectioners' sugar

1/2 cup milk

2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Beat the butter until whipped and gradually add the sugar, milk and vanilla.  Beat until you have a smooth consistency.
                                     



Have you seen these candles yet?  They are battery operated and can be set to turn on and turn off at set times.  I can't get over how realistic they look.






Comments

Anonymous said…
beautiful cupcakes!! The cup cake holder is amazing, I like that very much!!! You gift boxed them beautifully, have a great day , we 're freezing our behinds of up here at the moment, but the leaves are still beautiful,
Anonymous said…
I do like those tiny bats :-) I guess the cupcakes are as delicious as they look :-)

Have a great day!
Christer.
Yes, I have some of those candles myself (or at least very similar)! Isn't it realistic how the "flame" flickers like it's real? At first, I used the remote to turn them on and off, but I discovered that it wore the batteries down really quickly. So now I turn them on and off manually and the battery lasts forever.
Ms Misantropia said…
Yummy amazing, and they look so professional!
Susie said…
Love those cute little cakes. I bet the kids liked them too. Blessings, xoxo,Susie
Leanne said…
oh the little person who got the cupcakes must LOVE you.
Never ever seen such candles
thewiildmagnola said…
You are a child at heart.
Gorgeous cupcakes.
Thanks for the recipe!

Happy Fall.....
Margaret said…
Lovely! I made cuocakes today too! :) Maggie
Guillaume said…
This post is inspiring me. I think I might bake some Halloween cupcakes myself this weekend.
Ina in Alaska said…
Hello Joyce! Its your old friend from Alaska checking in. Those cupcakes look DELISH. I was hoping to see you were on Facebook..... We are all well here, it is getting cold and we have had one snowfall but it is melted. Won't be long before snow will be on the ground for real though. Just wanted to say HI!!! Ina Offret (no longer blogging but am on Facebook)
Mary Ann said…
I'm setting some money aside for some of those candles... they would look so good on our mantle!
Barb said…
Very cute, you have one smart neighbor!! I use several battery candles that have timers around the house. I love going up to bed and seeing the living room still in candle light.
Those are so cute! You've boxed them beautifully. Do you see the hour? No sleep yet. I need to get in there and try to sleep a little at least. I found a roach in my kitchen last night so you would NOT believe the mess! Tore EVERYTHING from every drawer and cupboard. Sprayed and sprayed..and washed and washed every dish in the house. What mess. Makes me FRANTIC!
I miss my Mary livng close. She loves to bake for Halloween. Maybe I will do some Halloween cookies..:) I mean I used to do all that. YOU'VE inspired me, Joyce!!
sandra said…
INCREDIBLE MAGICAL CUPCAKES! YUMMMM!!! :} CANDLE IS COOL!
sandra said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
TARYTERRE said…
Those cupcakes are so sweet. Love the bat. Have never seen those candles. What store did you find them in.
chickpea678 said…
What gorgeous cupcakes! Lucky neighbors!