Wonderful Old Fashioned Apple Crisp

This is so simple to make and the best apple crisp you will ever eat.                                                           
It takes no time at all to throw together.  Plus, your house will smell wonderful while it is baking.

 Peel and slice about 6 large apples.  I used honey crisp.  I am addicted to honey crisp apples.  Use whichever apples are your favorite.

 Mix 2/3 C. of flour,  1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 2 C. light brown sugar and 2 cups of rolled oats.  Add 2/3 C. melted butter and mix thoroughly.  Mound the mixture over the apples.

 Place it on a cookie sheet just in case it boils over.  Bake at 375 degrees for about an hour.  The apples should be bubbling and the topping should be crisp.

Let it cool a bit and serve it plain or with vanilla ice cream.  I hate ice cream so we rarely have any in this house.  My family was disappointed to get naked apple crisp but they gobbled it up anyway.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I made that not too long ago, I was meaning to make an apple pie but it turned out that I had forgotten to buy flour, so I used rolled rye instead :-) I have to say it was quite tasty :-)

Have a great day!
Christer.
Anonymous said…
yum yum!!!!!!!I love honey crisp too, they are a more pricey apple, I usually just use the apples from our trees, lol, but my gosh they are good!
Diane said…
This sounds just perfect to me, it will be on the menu within a couple of days:-) Thanks Diane
Guillaume said…
I love a good old apple crumble.
Naked apple crisp rocks! Oh, you don't eat it WHILE naked? Sorry, misunderstood.
Ellen in Oregon said…
I never was much into apples until I found the Honeycrisp. Now I am addicted to them & have been eating a couple every day. Even had to make a run to the store because I ran out the other day. You made your apple crisp exactly the way my Mom taught me to make it. It is also good served with a slosh of cream or half in the bowl. If you like honeycrisps you might want to try Ambrosias. So many new varieties of apples becoming available in the market. How can anyone hate ice cream?
TARYTERRE said…
i can smell that baking from here. YUMMY!
TheBlakkDuchess said…
I've been scarce around blogland of late, but I'm glad I popped by for this recipe!!! You always post the best recipes... ^__^

I still use your recipe for braided Italian bread... and it's everyone's favorite bread around here.

I can't wait to try this out! =D

XOXO
Barb said…
We are big apple crisp lovers. I copied the recipe and will try it but with ice cream!
Exactly the recipe I wanted~! My best friend since high school and her husband, also my best friend, is coming for Christmas..and she will love this. How about berries...would this work with say, Boisenberries? I want to do the Apple but I'm just curious.
Honey Crisp!~!! SOOOO in love with those apples. The only apple I don't mind eating without peeling it. :) I loved that you knew about Honey Crisp apples!
Sandy Livesay said…
Jaz,
I can smell this wonderful apple crisp all the way of here. YUM!
Mary said…
Made it last night.....wonderful...I had some Cool whip in freezer. Best thing about cool whip...you can take out a hunk and then throw back in freezer......