Canned Beets and Hot Dogs

 I canned the last of the beets from my garden the other day.

 And walked around all day with very red hands.  BTW...that's the reattached thumb.  It works.

 Since I made baked beans the day before, I thought it was time for hot dogs for lunch.  I made these buns.

 Here is the step by step recipe if you want to give them a shot:  http://octoberfarm.blogspot.com/search?q=hot+dog+buns

 They take hot dogs to a whole new level.  They freeze very well too.



Add a bit of homemade relish and serve beans on the side. 

Comments

Laurie M said…
my husband is drooling, how embarrassing,,,,lol! Beautiful,,, Joyce!
Susie said…
You must be one awesome cook...I have never known anyone to make their own hot-dog buns.LOL I love pickled beets. Blessings for a great Sunday. xoxo, Susie
Alicia Foodycat said…
I can't even show my husband this picture! He loves good hot dogs, but my home made buns don't usually look this perfect.
That is a nice lunch! Only to be served here on Fridays because my work friends wouldn't like me close a day or two after :-) :-) :-)

Have a great day!
Christer.
Your thumb looks damn good!
Leeanna said…
Red hands ahahahahaaa! I have them too when I pickle beets from my garden. Great recipe for the buns.
Your thumb looks pretty good.
Guillaume said…
I LOVE beets. We have them with shepherd's/cottage pies in Quebec.

Oh and the hot dogs look delicious too.
sandra hagan said…
Everything looks and sounds good.

Happy your thumb made the "cut"! 😊
TARYTERRE said…
Those buns look delicious. And your reattached thumb is marvelous. Glad it works like new.
Barb said…
A yummy looking supper!
The hotdog buns look great and I would like to try them just to see if I can do it.
I am greatful that your thumb turned out so good..looks like you have a scar..but it works and that's the most important part!
chickpea678 said…
Wow, that all looks amazing. Your family is a well-fed bunch!