Herb Dinner Rolls

I made these yesterday and froze them for Thanksgiving.  These are some seriously good rolls.                                                
Ingredients:

1 tablespoon active dry yeast
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon each minced parsley, thyme, chives and rosemary leaves. 4 tablespoons total.
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 egg for the dough and 1 egg for brushing
1 cup milk or half-and-half
3 1/4 cups flour
1 tablespoon kosher salt

Mix all ingredients except for the 1 brushing egg and the kosher salt.  Knead until you have a smooth ball of dough.

Place it in a buttered bowl, cover and let it rise until doubled. 

It will take about 1-1/2 to 2 hours.

Divide it into 16 equal pies and form them into balls.  Place them in a buttered oblong pan and cover.

Let them rise until they are touching.

Beat an egg with 1 tsp. of water and brush the rolls.

Sprinkle them with sea salt.

Bake them at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.

Yum, eh?

Comments

They look absolutely delicious--oh the wonderful smells which come from your kitchen
Nellie said…
These look wonderful! I must get busy baking mine!
Anonymous said…
lol, oh ya, yum for sure!!!
TARYTERRE said…
OMG I love the idea of parsley, thyme, chives and rosemary together. Delicious, for sure.
Leanna said…
OH MY GODDESS!! I can almost taste them. I'm going to try this recipe for Sunday dinner. I'm making the crescent rolls tomorrow for Thursday.
Anonymous said…
I have thyme and rosemary here in the kitchen and I think the chives outside still is good to use, so it's only theparsley I need to get so I can try this. They do look deslicious like all the food You show here.

Have a great day!
Christer.
Guillaume said…
More bread? I am so hungry now.
greekwitch said…
Wow! Many times when i read your blog, my mind goes to my freezer. When i open it things fall down. And then my mind goes to yours and i imagine it, no matter how big, things must fall out like an avalanche!
Yum is exactly right! Those are just beautiful, Joyce! Beautiful, I say!!! :) Could you just ..toss me one? :)
Gatekeeper said…
Thanks for the recipe. Will try it out.