Farfalle with Broccoli Rabe and Sausauge

This is a good quick meal when you are in the mood for pasta.  You can use any kind of pasta you like too.
Cut up 1 bunch of broccoli rabe and blanch it for several minutes in boiling water and then shock it in ice water.  Drain it and set it aside.

Dice up as much garlic as you like.  I used one whole head from last summers harvest.

Brown 1 pound of sausage in 3 T. olive oil breaking it up as it cooks.  I used sage flavored pork sausage.  You can use whatever kind you like. Add the broccoli rabe.

Sprinkle in a small amount of red pepper flakes or more if you want it to be spicy.

Add the onions.

Add the garlic.

Add 1 cup of reserved pasta water.  You could use white wine if you are so inclined.

Add 1 box of cooked al dente pasta.

And 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.

Stir it around until the cheese begins to melt.  Simple but delicious.

Comments

TARYTERRE said…
Just copied the recipe. Looks like dinner sometime soon. YUMMY!
Anonymous said…
super supper!
Kay said…
You are such an amazing cook! This looks really scrumptious! I love all the garlic. I use a lot too.
Jim said…
And very doable! Thanks for this oh wonderful chef!!
It would work with lean ground beef or turkey too I bet.
Looks great.
Robin Larkspur said…
That sure looks simple and delicious. Is brocolli rabe the same as brocollini?
Guillaume said…
Broccoli, sausages, pasta, it's like everything I love in one dish.
I love pasta so much..I will eat it cold with a bit of salt and pepper, not even warmed... Iknow. I'm a loser! But..but.. am going to make this on this next Sunday. It's so easy and looks delicous. The "Jammin' Bread" part of the family have been coming over every Sunday to watch Downton Abby and this will make a great meal for them. In the 70's here. I NEED some Winter!!
Barbara F. said…
A big pot of love right there. Mmmmmmmm.....