Friday, January 30, 2015

My Special Sandwich

The naan I showed yesterday can be eaten many ways but this is the way I like to eat it.  I don't like big meaty sandwiches.  I actually prefer vegetarian ones and naan is the perfect bread to use when making them.
 I begin by spreading some cheese spread on the naan.  I used a feta spread but you can use anything you like.

 I added butter lettuce from last weeks farm share box and a bit of arugula.

 Then some thinly sliced Leyden cheese which gives this sandwich a wonderful flavor.

 I added some shaved watermelon radish, also from my CSA and some shaved onion.  I grated some Robusto Uniekaas cheese on it too.  Use your favorite cheese. If you aren't a cheese adventurer, use cheddar.

 I sprinkled a bit of balsamic vinaigrette over it.

 Then I added pea shoots.

 Roll it tightly.

 It's a very fresh and tasty sandwich.  This one sandwich lasted me three days.

12 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That is one nice sammich!

Laurie M said...

looks wonderful, I love cheese and I've never had this one,

sandra said...

Yummy sandwitch ;] ! can you tell us what that naan bread tastes like??? does it store well???
I will read older post again to see if you already answered these question :}.

sandra said...

forget about my questions cause you did in fact already answer them,lol ;].

thecottagebythecranelakethree said...

That one looks nice! I would have tried it today if I had had those things to put on it. I'll make a more meaty one instead, I think I'll have ham, bell pepper, a white mold cheese, can't figure out what kind it is really :-) It isn't either brie or camembert. and then I'll have a few slices withMaasdamer cheese too.

Have a great day!
Christer.

DeniseinVA said...

I love the look of this sandwich. I also love naan bread and will have a go at making this. Thank you for all the delicious recipes :)

Guillaume said...

Funny, I usually prefer meaty sandwiches, except in Montreal, where the best are from veggie places.

Kay said...

Oh yes, yes, yes! This looks absolutely scrumptious!!!

TARYTERRE said...

Looks interesting. I can taste the crunch. YUM.

Prairie Stitcher said...

Great recipe for Gyro meat, too. Gosh. I wish I had some chevon (sp?). And some lamb. Didn't know you could make it yourself. I envisioned one of those vertical roasters, etc. Thanks so much.

Barb said...

Looks delicious!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Very delicious and healthy looking.
However..I would probably eat just the bread, knowing me! :(