Do you find the answers to life through the patterns of Mother Nature? Is her wisdom your wisdom? Are you, your life and body, aligned with her seasons?“Where there is woman, there is magic.” ~ Ntozake Shange
For instance, are you on fire — sexually and creatively in the Summer, letting go and cutting out what does not serve in the Fall, dying to the old in the dark silence of Winter, and reborn in the Spring?
2. Wisdom. Do you find yourself bubbling from an internal cauldron of ancient natural healing wisdom?***
Are people drawn to you to sit by your fire and discuss life and all its fury, pain, love and wonder? Do you end up sending them off with hope in their hearts, and perhaps a tincture, a potion, an herbal remedy (you are familiar with the properties of plants), or even a ritual or two?
In other words, when shit hits the fan, is it you they come to?
3. Nature. Do you live by or in the woods, or by a body of water — and if not, do you long to?***
Witches, being intricately intertwined with nature, embodying the powers of the Great Mother herself, long to be as close to her natural beauty and power as possible. Many do their rituals by the water or in the woods. You have most likely always felt at home in nature.
4. Storms. Are you not afraid of storms? In fact do you revel in the power of Mother Nature at her most visceral? And do you sometimes wonder if you yourself — your passion and energy — caused the storm?***
5. Animal Nature. Are animals naturally attracted to you, and do you love them as well, so much that you cry empathetically with the creatures of this planet? Do you naturally know their totems, and find wisdom and insight in their visits/appearances in your life?***
Do lost dogs follow you home, do birds fly into your windows, do horses rush towards you in the fields and place their long necks on your shoulders? Do you find you can speak to them? Heal them?
Witches and animals are so aligned with nature that they speak a similar energetic language and recognize each other.
6. The Moon. Are you drawn, pulled, and moved by the moon’s energy? Have you gazed at her, spoken to her, been flooded by her light since you were a little girl? Are you aligned with her phases?***
For instance, do you start new projects and relationships when she waxes (grows full), do things peak and culminate — and tend to go a little crazy — around you while she is full, and are you drawn to let things go, or end relationships and patterns, as she wanes?
On the New Moon, in the darkest of nights, do you sit with the mystery, the emptiness and unknown, the potential and possibility of the dark? Do you dream up new plans in the dark of the new moon?
If you answered No, then the above are just a few ways you can attune with the moon’s phases.
7. Powerful. Do you have more than a sneaking suspicion that your wishes come true — good or bad, and are you perhaps a little cautious and in awe of your own power? Have you been called an old soul on the reg?***
Witches are as old as time; your eyes — the windows to your soul — hold ancient stories and secrets, myths and mysteries, answers and possibilities.
You were probably speaking ancient truths and wisdom even — or especially — before you forgot your magic, as a little child.
8. Healing. Are you drawn to the healing arts? Do you tend to seek natural or energetic remedies for yourself, and do you offer them to others? Have you ever laid a hand on someone’s bad back, which was fixed the next day? People might also heal just by being around you.***
Witches, being so attuned to the earth, are natural healers.
9. Past Life Memories. Do you have painful past life memories or images of being cast out, burned, or drowned — just for being wild, wise, and free you?***
Most importantly, are you scarred from for being different, not conforming, for loving who you wanted to love, for speaking the truth/saying what you were called to say — in an old lifetime? This is karma you are awake to heal. It is time to not be afraid, and to be your you-est you.
This is how you will heal your karma, by being unafraid to live your fullest expression. It is your time.
10. Outsider-ness. Have you always felt a little bit of an outsider — nose pressed against the glass of life on earth, while knowing you were actually an insider of a magical tribe, with insider wisdom?***
While you never fit in the norm, you knew there was something sacred, secret, special about you — a magic just a few other magical people could see.
You do not run with big crowds; you are a bit more of a sensitive but powerful lone wolf; you need a lot of time to think, dream, recharge, and commune with Source — Nature/The Universe/The Goddess.
11. Mystical Crystals/Accoutrements. You are drawn to beautiful rocks — pieces of earth energy — and you have kept stones like clear quartz, turquoise, rose quartz around you for as long as you can remember, even if you did not know their properties at the time.***
Witches know the properties of the earth’s stones and charge them with — among other things — healing, love, abundance and protective benefits, and are often wearing their special stones in jewelry.They were either given to you, or you picked them up along the way and collected at least a few.
You also love to keep candles around and lit — because candles are invitations to spirits and angels, and create a more magical, divine vibe. And you probably like a good, energy-clearing sage or incense.
12. Magic. Did you believe in magic as a child, see magic in the air and in life? Were you drawn to magical things, creatures, fables, stories, even as you grew older, despite everyone telling you “There Was No Such Thing?”***
Were you drawn to movies and books about witches, magic, the spooky, the mystical, the unknowable? Have you always thought there was no such thing as a coincidence, that we were not really alone, and this was not all there was?And despite the rest of the world not believing, did you save some room in your heart for tales of magic, love, and the mystical and mysterious — anyway?
Do you believe that no-thing means nothing — in other words, everything means something? Do you believe in signs and symbols?
13. More Magic and Divinations. Speaking of signs and symbols — you get premonitions, as if you have an internal crystal ball.***
When you are talking about what you think will happen, people tend to perk up and listen. Sometimes you see or feel outcomes — flash forwards — so far ahead that you find it frustrating when others have not caught up with you! You have dreams and visions, of past lives and the future.
And you can read other people and their energy and intentions fairly well. You have Sixth Sense. It is also a reason why you are drawn to Tarot, Runes, or other mist-parting divinations.