|This is another cake I made for my house guests last week. It turned out to be their favorite one.|
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Cream butter and sugar, using mixer, until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add in vanilla and mix again.
- Combine flour and baking soda. Alternating, add flour mixture and buttermilk, until all blended.
- Spoon into a well greased bundt pan. Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 60-70 minutes, testing for doneness using a toothpick.
- Let cool in pan for 20 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely.
|For the glaze, mix 1 cup of confectioners sugar with several tablespoons of fresh orange juice and the zest of 1 orange.|