I baked some cinnamon buns for the workers. Maybe they will be the proverbial carrot to get them to do a better job. Or not. Whatever, I just think they should get treats each Friday.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon instant rise yeast
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature and cut into 4 pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 and 1/2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
Cream Cheese Icing
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 and 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Mix the dough ingredients and knead until you have a smooth ball. Place it in a buttered bowl and let it rise until doubled.
|Bake at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes until golden. |
|And flip them back over.|
Frost while still warm.