Currywurst

Just in time for Oktoberfest, here is a great recipe for currywurst.  Currywurst has been popular in Germany for a long time but it is rapidly becoming a popular street food in most major cities. Now you can make it for yourself at home.
Put 10 oz. of ketchup in a pot.  Add 3 T. balsamic vinegar, 1 T. red wine vinegar, 2 tsp. sugar, 15 oz. tomato sauce, 1 tsp. onion powder, 3 T. curry powder, 1 T. smoked paprika and salt and pepper to taste. 

Cook this over medium heat until warmed through.  Thin with a bit of beef stock to bring it to a spreading consistency.

You can use any kind of sausage you like.  I used kielbasa and cooked it until it was crisp on the outside.
Slice it and ladle on the sauce.  Sprinkle generously with more curry powder.  Serve over french fries or on a bun.  Sprinkle with chopped onions.

Comments

Kev Alviti said…
My friend goes mad for currywurst, I'll have to show him this!
Anonymous said…
wow, I bet that smells and tastes wonderful, never heard of this,
Anonymous said…
I do like curry and german wurst is never wrong! Something for this weekend I think.

Have a great day!
Christer.
Guillaume said…
I'd love to try this! I have learned about currywurst a few years ago, seems to be the perfect mix of Western food and Oriental spices. I could have this on a cold autumn evening, with lots of beer.
chickpea678 said…
Yum! I love currywurst!