Monday, November 23, 2015

Turkey Stock and Pimento Cheese Spread

I have to make some easy food for the kids after school program this week since I am busy cooking for Thanksgiving.  I made them a big meat, cheese and fruit platter this morning (forgot to take a pic of it) and I made them some pimento cheese spread.  The recipe is below.
 I harvested some of my celery yesterday.

 And today I am making pots of turkey stock to make turkey gravy.  My house smells like Thanksgiving.

 I doubled the pimento cheese recipe but I will give you the makings of a single recipe.  Combine 1 - 8 oz. bar of cream cheese, 2 cups of grated cheddar cheese, 1/3 cup of mayo, 1 tsp. of your favorite seasoned salt, 1/2 tsp. black pepper, 1 small grated onion, 1 tsp. granulated garlic and 4 tablespoons of diced pimento. Mix thoroughly and refrigerate for at least a few hours.

 I use the paddle attachment on my mixer to do this.

This is so good spread on crackers and makes a good Thanksgiving appetizer.

9 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Run, Tom Turkey, run! Hide!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

I think I need a taste test--looks yummy! Am sure the after school children enjoy each and every cracker bite

Susan said...

I LOVE pimento cheese! I make it with the pimento olives and have to hide it in the fridge! From myself.

thecottagebythecranelakethree said...

That doesn't look bad at all! I rarely have any bigger imagination when it comes to spread something on crackers, usually I buy a blue chees, so I think I'll try this one, even if it is celery in it :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.

Guillaume said...

You make me want to be a kid again.

Nellie said...

Pimento cheese is a favorite around here! Great for an appetizer!

Mary Ann said...

Oh, gosh I know the kids LOVED this!

chickpea678 said...

Do you buy diced pimento in a jar near the salsas in the supermarket? I've never bought that!

Thiên Lôi said...

DỊCH VỤ SHIP CHUYỂN PHÁT TỪ VIỆT NAM ĐI ÚC
chuyển phát tại việt nam đi Australia giá rẻ
ship gửi hàng từ việt nam đi Mã lai