|I've wanted to make these rolls for quite some time but I never have pineapple juice on hand. I add it to my shopping list and still manage to come home without it. |
- 1 pkg rapid rise yeast
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice (orange juice)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1-3/4 teaspoons salt
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups flour
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Dissolve yeast in warm milk. Let stand 5 minutes then whisk in pineapple juice, sugar, oil, egg, and salt until combined. Add 3-1/2 cups flour to liquid mixture and mix until dough pulls away from sides of bowl (if dough seems too sticky, add 1 tablespoon flour at a time until dough is smooth and tacky)
- Turn dough onto a floured surface and gently knead until smooth and elastic. Place dough in a large greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Punch risen dough down and divide into 12 pieces. Form pieces into smooth balls and place in a greased 9x13 baking pan. Cover pan with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place 30 minutes or until doubled.
- Remove plastic wrap from pan and gently brush rolls with beaten egg white and honey. Bake rolls in a 375 degree oven for 25 minutes or until golden-brown. Let rolls cool in pan 5 minutes, then remove from pan and serve warm.
These make great sandwiches.