Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Spring 2016

 I guess I am getting ready for Spring.  I don't think I have a choice.  We might get an inch of snow tonight but I doubt that we will see much more than this for the rest of winter.  What a bummer of a season it has been this year.  But, I have a wedding in the future and lots to do before then so I really don't mind too much this year. I bought some new wind chimes and wind spinners to add to the yard this year and I put the two that arrived out yesterday.

 This one is hanging on my back porch right outside of my TV room door. I love hearing it when the wind blows.

This wind spinner is a moon (verdigris and not as blue as it looks) which spins around a sundial which looks more like a witch hat.  I'll show you the other one when it arrives.  Are you preparing for Spring yet?

14 comments:

laurie said...

beautiful! You find the most unusual treasures!

Beverly Frankeny said...

Patiently waiting.....and hoping....and wishing.....Spring is to me what Autumn is to you!!!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I love windchimes! Can't say I'm really preparing for spring -- still enjoying our unseasonably mild winter. Makes for a nice change.

Susan said...

I love wind chimes, too. I am ready for spring because I have given up on winter.

Cottage Tails said...

summer seems to be leaving and autumn is looming fast. Time to sweep the chimneys.

thecottagebythecranelakethree said...

I really like how the top one looks! Normally chimes have a tendency to drive me insane with their sound :-) but I would try to stayu sane if I had that one :-)

The Moon is cool looking and I wouldn't mind finding a similar here either :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.

Guillaume said...

I am getting in the mood for Spring too, slowly. Lovely pictures, by the way.

Tikkun said...

Ooh! I love the colors of that wind chime!

Barb said...

Love the garden art. Spring is coming here too ready or not!

naramatablendblog said...

Here is a glimpse of spring in my neck of the woods. The critters are happy to be soaking up the sun. Dudley the pig is smiling...
https://naramatablendblog.wordpress.com/2016/02/23/wilbur-no-longer-worried-about-being-killed-for-he-knew-that-mr-zuckerman-would-keep-him-as-long-as-he-lived-charlottes-web/

Kay said...

Your chimes and spinner adds such a lovely touch of whimsy and beauty to your yard and house.

Jim said...

Yes, we are preparing for spring by looking at the tree/shrubs that will need pruning.
I really like chimes as well and these look very nice indeed!

Magic Love Crow said...

These are amazing pieces! We still are getting a mixture of snow/freezing rain, so no spring yet!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

WE have wind chimes but most need replacing. So far I just haven't been out and about looking for any. They do sound wonderful...yours is so unique!