|I did manage to pump out some Irish food for St. Patty's Day though I didn't have a chance to show you until now.|
- 1 package yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter - softened
- 1½ cups warm water
- 4 cups flour for rolls, additional ¾ cup to roll them in
- Add the yeast and sugar to the warm water in your mixer bowl. Let the yeast proof for 5 minutes.
- Add the flour, salt and butter. Blend until combined, then knead for 5 minutes or until dough starts to get a shine to it. It will be a sticky dough. At one point it will pull away from the sides of the pan. Cover and let rise until doubled.
- Roll the dough out into a log. Divide into 12 pieces. Roll the dough into a round and roll in the ¾ cup flour. Set aside while you do the rest.
- Roll the dough balls in the flour again. Place them on the cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Cover and let raise again until doubled.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake for 18 - 22 minutes, they will be lightly browned and sound hollow when tapped.