|I'm making The Blog Tech and his sweetie Sunday brunch again and one of the things I made them are these biscuits. You can throw them together in no time at all.|
|This makes 8 big biscuits or a dozen smaller ones.|
Look at this good buttery bottom.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 c. buttermilk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 stick cold or frozen butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder.
- Create a well in the middle of the bowl. Add the buttermilk, egg, shortening, and the cold water into the well. Use a wooden spoon to start mixing and "cutting" to form a dough. Take care to not over-mix.
- Add the cubes of butter and cut it into the mix.Don't over mix. The butter should ostly stay in small pieces.
- Turn dough out onto your counter. Press into a 1 1/2 inch layer.
- Use a round cutter to cut biscuits out. Place each one on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Brush the tops with melted butter.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until outer edges start turning golden brown.