Broccoli, Cheddar, Pasta Salad

This is what the after school kids are getting for their meal today along with lots of rolls I am baking right now.  This is a good salad to serve to a crowd.
 I quadrupled the recipe but here is the list to make just one.  One recipe will give you about 3 quarts of salad:

1 pound pasta of your choice
1 C. mayonaisse
1/4 C. red wine vinegar
1/4 C. sugar
3 C. par boiled broccoli
1 C. shredded cheddar
1 cup diced cooked bacon
1/4 C. diced red onion
1/4 C. diced red pepper
1/4 C. diced celery
 Whisk the mayo, red wine vinegar and sugar with a bit of salt and pepper. Break the broccoli into small pieces and toss it in a bowl with the rest of the ingredients.

 I cooked rotini for the pasta.



Rinse the pasta with cold water to cool it off and then mix it into the veggies.


 Pour the dressing over it and add the cheddar cheese.

 Toss it to thoroughly mix it.

 Chill it for several hours or overnight before serving.

Comments

I always use tri-coloured fusilli for a similar recipe.
Anonymous said…
this is such a great recipe,, its an oldie but a goodie,,
TARYTERRE said…
This is perfect. The kids will love it. YUM. YUM.
Susan said…
A perfect way to get them to eat their broccoli!
Anonymous said…
That is so delicious! I really should have it more often than I do.

Have a great day!

Christer.
Mary Ann said…
That looks refreshing, actually!
Guillaume said…
I take the bacon off and I can make a great vegetarian recipe.
Jim said…
I bet that disappeared quickly!
Tikkun said…
I wish (and I'm sure many others do too :P) that you were me neighbor!