Monday, May 9, 2016

Strawberry Rhubarb Pies

I baked strawberry rhubarb pies for Mother's Day and gave them to my friends.                                                                          
 I made three of them.

 They cooled on my windowsill.

 I hope they were good. That's the problem with giving away pies or cakes, you can't try a bite before handing them off.

I did make rhubarb sauce for us though and it is good.  When I was a little girl my grandfather always made this sauce to eat on his toast.  I didn't like rhubarb back then but I loved the smell.  Now I love the sauce.

13 comments:

dkzody said...

I too love rhubarb sauce. I eat it like one would pudding.

laurie said...

such beautiful pies,, I hope someone baked you something for Mother's Day!!!!

thecottagebythecranelakethree said...

My grandmother always made rhubarb soup. I just can't make mine taste the same but it is quite tasty anyway :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.

Kay said...

Sigh... I wish I were your face-to-face friend instead of just a cyber friend. Wow!

Susan said...

I love rhubarb sauce - I put it on my granola. I bet your friends love you... :)

Guillaume said...

I haven't had rhubarb pie in ages! I don't think I ever had strawberry and rhubarb pies in the past.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oooooo, rhubarb sauce on toast! HEAVEN!

sandra said...

MY FAV PIE EVERRRR!! YUMMM!

TARYTERRE said...

Those pies are looking good. And I bet taste delicious. That sauce on toast is tasty too. YUM. YUM. Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day.

1st Man said...

I have never had rhubarb in my life, I'll have to fix that one day soon, ha. Looks delish!!

Mary Ann said...

I have never had rhubarb sauce, and my mother, the ultimate pie-maker, never made a rhubarb pie!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

One of my very favorite pies! The wedding is getting closer and closer..so exciting!!

My Life in the Charente said...

We love rhubarb pies but strawberries and I do not agree :-( Our rhubarb is only just coming up but soon we will be into pies. Have a good week Diane