The First Farmer's Market of the Season

 We drove up to the mountains on Saturday to go to our first farmer's market of the season and we should have brought our waders.

 We got soaked!


Some of the vendors were smart and put straw down.  Most didn't.  My shoe almost got sucked off at one point.
 The Fiance enjoyed her first trip here and ended up being a good egg carrier!

 Even the gardens were flooded.

 My trusty market cart held up against the elements.

 I bought cement apples for my garden.

 And I bought this yarn from the cutest lady who was selling her wares for the very first time and we were her first customers.  She knew the name of each of her animals who donated their fleece to make this. I told her that I will knit The Fiance a scarf and she will wear it back there in the Fall to show it to her.  It was a fun soggy day.



Comments

Anonymous said…
sounds like a successful trip even with the wet conditions,,
Anonymous said…
oo bad about it being so wet but it sounds as if You had lots of fun anyway :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Leanne said…
what a shame it rained. LOVE your cart! Look forward to seeing the scarf.
Susan said…
I love those apples! Nice yarn - I'm drawn to natural coloring. You sure have had a ton of rain. Wish we could say the same.
Kev Alviti said…
shame it rained but good job on still going and supporting it!
Leanna said…
Sounds like y'all bought some pretty good stuff. They have our farmers markets and Trade Days in the parking areas at the square downtown for us. Food, fun rides for the kids, music and of course things to buy that are home made.

Last week it rained almost every day. We have been keeping extra umbrellas in the car and truck and in the house just in case. It's been so soggy down here in Texas where we live. All the lakes are overflowing and they had to open the dam to our river this past weekend. We are almost up to flood stage now. But we are safe. It was just a precautionary measure. They are hoping for a great turnout for tubing in New Braunfels this coming weekend. Lots of campers are already staking out their places along the river.
Guillaume said…
I can't wait to the farmers' market here.
1st Man said…
They are sporadic in these parts, who do I need to write to to say "have more like up North!", ha. Looks fun, a great way to spend a rainy day.
It sounds adventuresome and fun..and rain any time is fine with me. How I wish we had more farmers markets here...oh...I've wanted to tell you for awhile and keep forgetting. We DO have a farmer's market here every Friday. It's right down the road from us..IN THE SEARS PARKING LOT ACROSS FROM HERITAGE CENTER which is a shopping center! LOL Thought that would make you grin! The reason I forgot to tell you is that I don't go there very often. In eight years..maybe twice.
Leanna said…
You didn't mention that bakery's name. But I think it might be Naegelin's. If that's the one, then yeppers it's still going strong.
I lost a shoe once in a mudhole at the Winnipeg Folk Festival. Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
TARYTERRE said…
How sweet you made her first sale. That scarf sounds like quite a project. It's supposed to rain here. Mud puddles are no fun to trudge through, it's true.