Cinnamon Biscuits

I made these cinnamon biscuits this past weekend and served them with honey butter. They were a hit.
 Mix 1/3 C. honey with 1/4 C. softened butter.

 For the biscuits:
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 T. baking powder
  • 2 tsp sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup cold butter, cut into small cubes
  • 1 cup milk
  • cinnamon-sugar mixture
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray a 8″ square baking dish with cooking spray.
Combine dry ingredients in a food processor. Pulse in butter until crumbly. Place the flour mixture in a bowl and stir in milk just until moistened.
Sprinkle additional sugar on a counter and dump the dough onto the sugar. Sprinkle with more sugar and pat down until it’s about a 7″ diameter round. Use a biscuit cutter to cut out biscuits, re-shaping the round as necessary to cut additional biscuits. Don't worry if the pieced ones don't look great.  They get better as they bake and they still taste terrific.  Place the biscuits in the pan and sprinkle the  tops with cinnamon sugar.
Bake for about 15 minutes until they start to turn golden.

 Serve them with the honey butter.

Make sure to spray the pan.  I forgot and mine stuck around the edges.

Comments

Gemmagirl said…
Thank you for the recipe. I think my clan will love these. Also loved your beautiful, growing garden.
Anonymous said…
Yummy! I must make these next weekend!

Have a great day!

Christer.
Another recipe that even I will be able to make. Neat!! :)
Some day (this is a p.s.) I will have a little garden. Not huge but a garden of my own. Someday! I love yours..especially that "bag of soil" thing. I went to buy some young plants at the nursery and did a face plant in the parking lot, broke a front tooth, and managed to mangle my upper lip into mush! So...no little plants in a bag yet, but one of these days. :)
Leanna said…
OMG! I'm gaining weight just looking at that last picture. I'm going to have to try this because David loves anything with cinnamon in it. Well, most anything. Thanks for the recipe, dear.
Guillaume said…
I often find cinnamon and other spice flavoured desserts a tad too strong. I guess the honeyed butter softens the taste.
TARYTERRE said…
You had me at cinnamon biscuits. The honey butter just clenched the deal. That seriously sounds delicious. PS) Tickled to hear Teddy is from Michigan. I knew there was something special about that pup.
chickpea678 said…
Making this butter!