Herb Focaccia

For years I have used the same recipe for focaccia until I recently saw this one.  This is now my new favorite.  This might not look like much but it is packed with flavor.  It has a crisp crust and a chewy interior.


  • 3 cups flour
  • 3 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2-1/4 teaspoon rapid rise yeast
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 2 tablespoons of Italian seasoning
  • 1.5 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup water
 Mix this together and knead for about 8-10 minutes until you have a smooth ball.  Cover and let it rise until doubled.  Knead it again  and place it in an oiled 9X13 pan and let it rise for about 30 minutes.  After the rise, dimple the loaf with your fingers and sprinkle the focaccia with olive oil, chopped rosemary and sea salt.

 Bake it at 400 degrees until it turns golden.

Eat it right out of the oven.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Looks delicious!
Too hot to do any baking here today, I'm a Swede and not used to heat :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
TARYTERRE said…
I can smell that from here. My goodness it sure looks good.I love focaccia.
Leanna said…
Looks so yummy!
Nothing goes better with soup!
Susan said…
Focaccia is so versatile! It has (had) to be my favorite bread!
Guillaume said…
I love focaccia. I am in a very Italian mood today, I had a canollo for dessert this afternoon.
SantasHauntedB said…
Started making it. But noticed it's taking a long time to rise. Then I realized I used "Active Dry Yeast" vs. Rapid Rise Yeast. Oh well. Guess it'll just take a little longer to rise. :)
SantasHauntedB said…
Okay, so it's finished and it's absolutely delicious. I posted a pic on my flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/luvehorror/26856709553/in/dateposted-public/
As always you're amazing! Thanks for sharing this!