Shrimp Salad with Pesto Pasta

The future Bride and Groom eat lots and lots of salads.  I make them each one almost every day so I am always trying to come up with new recipes.  This is what I made them a few days ago.
 I used my basil from the garden to make pesto and made some pesto pasta.

 Then I sauteed some shrimp sprinkled with Old Bay Seasoning.

 A layer of the pasta goes on the bottom topped with lettuce, kalamata olives, radishes, tomatoes, sliced onions and some pickled mushrooms.

 I sliced a couple of my Amish mustard eggs and added small pickled carrots and placed them on top along with the shrimp.  The clincher is this dressing:


Ingredients


  • 3/4 C. olive oil
  • 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 tsp. honey (2 if you want it a bit sweeter)
Place this in a jar and shake until emulsified.

And since they are sticking to their diets so well, I bought them Japanese green tea KitKats and Oreos.

Comments

They must be the envy of all their coworkers when they pull out lunches like that in their workplaces!
TARYTERRE said…
Old Bay and Shrimp are part of my childhood. Sign me up for a portion please. This dish sound divine. As for the green tea kit kats, I'll pass.
Anonymous said…
that is one amazing salad,, I didn't know they sold Japanese candy in the U.S.. thats great, I have a great fascination with all things from Japan,,I must look for that,
Guillaume said…
Funny, I had pesto pasta tonight. Aubergine pesto pasta in fact. I would love to try that shrimp salad.
Mary Ann said…
Nope, have to skip the seafood salads! :-)
For just one moment I thought I could taste it! How I do love sea food, it's my favorite but to have pasta with it...OMG!!! Too much for my lil ol heart!
Susan said…
Green tea Kit-Kats? Those are super good for you, right???
Jim said…
Now how lucky are those two to have brought this salad for lunch!!
I haven't tasted Old Bay seasoning since my visit to Key West a few years back.......will never forget their shrimps!!
Will try this dressing, thanks Joyce.
chickpea678 said…
Yum yum yum! My whole family just discovered that we all like old bay on a recent trip! I used to love green tea kit kats! I had a friend who would eat them frozen.