Pan Bagnat ( A French Tuna Salad Sandwich)

 This is simply one of the best tuna salad sandwiches you will ever eat.

You need to use a good sturdy bread like a ciabatta or a baguette.

  


 You can find the step by step directions here:

http://octoberfarm.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-best-pan-bagnat-recipe-tuna-salad.html


The crispier the lettuce, the better.


If you don't want to eat a sandwich, you can eat this plain on it's own.

I slice the tomatoes and place them on paper towels and sprinkle them with sea salt.

Then place them on top and add some anchovies if you are an anchovy fan.    I left them off because though The Blog Tech loves them, not everyone does.                                                                       
The Blog Tech is ready to take a bite.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Looks delicious!

I had to check if I had any tuna at home but all I could find was a tin of crab, not bad that either so I'll most likely use that for my sandwich :-)

Have a great day!

https://thecottagebythecranelakefour.wordpress.com
Guillaume said…
Tuna niçoise in a sandwich? Why didn't I think about it before? That's a great idea!
TARYTERRE said…
VERY VERY nice. But make mine without the onions. YUMMY.
chickpea678 said…
Ooh, I just looked at the original directions. Looks amazing!!! Maybe this will convert my kids into tuna lovers!