Summer Pasta

The Blog Tech and his Fiance have a house guest for the weekend so I am cooking for them.  She arrived late last night so I made them this pasta for a snack.  I make this often in the summer when I have lots of tomatoes and basil.  No cooking!, except for the pasta part.
 Pour 1/2 cup of good olive oil in a bowl.  Add 2-3 tablespoons of white balsamic vinegar.  Add several diced garlic cloves, 1 sliced spring onion (or vidalia), 3 tablespoons of pesto, 4 minced sundried tomatoes, 1 cup of diced tomatoes and a handful of shredded basil.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Stir this around and let it sit at room temp for an hour or two while it macerates.  Stir it from time to time.  Cook the pasta to al dente, drain and stir it into the sauce.  Add 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese toss to coat and serve with a sprinkling of parmesan on top.

 I also made herb focaccia.

 These two go together so well.

 I made them a Kentucky butter cake too.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Everything just looks delicious! Especially the butter cake :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.




https://thecottagebythecranelakefour.wordpress.com
Guillaume said…
Oh that pasta looks good and very summery indeed! I have never heard of a Kentucky butter cake before. Looks delicious.
Mary Ann said…
Oh, Joyce, that is a wonderful salad! I am going to try it... you have the best recipes!
sandra said…
I AM SOOOO HUNGRY NOW :/ !
The gorgeous food offerings you make for folks is just unbelievable! I never, ever cease to be amazed. Not by you, I am now getting used to your generosity, but the FOOD. Mary Ann is correct..you DO have the best recipes..and this is one of them!
:)
I make aversion of this pasta, but never used the onions. I will try that now.
TARYTERRE said…
I'm going for the herb focaccia NOW and will save room for pasta and cake later.