Bees

 The Blog Tech and his soon to be wife spent a week in the Seattle area attending a guess what?  Wedding! While they were there, they did as much sightseeing as they could squeeze in. Being a huge fan of the old series, and soon to be a new series, Twin Peaks, they drove up to Snowqualmie to stop by the diner for a slice of cherry pie and a 'good cup o' Joe' and then headed up to the Salish Lodge to see the falls.  While they were there they bought me this book.  They know what a frustrated wannabe bee keeper I am.

 They got me this cute little glass bee too.

 For anyone interested in bees, this is a fabulous book.  It shows you the entire history of bees and honey.

 Discusses all the different types of bees.

 Beekeeping, of course.

 How to use bees wax.

 Bee sting therapy.....NOOOOO!!!!

If you know someone with bees or someone who wants to have bees like me, this is a wonderful gift.
And the wedding baking continues!

Comments

Anonymous said…
That book looks really interesting but I think I would skip the bee sting therapy, I've been stung enough by wasps as it is :-) :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
What a lovely gift! I've always had a secret wannabe beekeeper fantasy myself.
Guillaume said…
Interesting. I love honey. I prefer it to sugar.
TARYTERRE said…
that book looks charming. And so does the little bee. Those cookies are going to be so good. YUM.
audrey B said…
I read your blog all the time, but this may be my first comment. I am excited to see photos and read about the wedding. My son just got married this past spring, so I am enjoying your prep activities. (I was too busy to enjoy the rush around here!)
We have beekeepers in our family, my husband, son and son-in-law. I purchased that same book as a gift for my husband... because I thought it was a wonderful book.
Leanna said…
I was going to type my comment last night but it was late and I was so sleepy, which is rare for me.
Anywho the gifts that they brought back for you were so thoughtful. You are so blessed.
Susan said…
How nice that you have something to read in between the millions of batches of cookies in the oven! Hope it's a big book (it looks fascinating!)
chickpea678 said…
What wonderful & thoughtful gift. Blog tech must have inherited his thoughtful gift giving skills from you. Or else, found a bride with that same attribute :).
Jim said…
A perfect gift, I'd say!!
Oh....I LOVED Twin Peaks!! Never knew they had tours of the set!!
Bee's are wonderful creatures..and I wish I had known how wonderful earlier in my life. I recently got stung on the leg by one and it hurt like heck..but I was so pleased to know they were around..now I have apples, lemons and huge oranges ripening on my tree's. My plum tree was loaded this year..thanks to having bee's around.