Autumn Squash Lasagna

 I got a lot of squash in my CSA and wasn't sure what I wanted to do with them then I came up with this idea.  Squash lasagna.  If you've ever eaten pumpkin ravioli, it's a very similar taste.

 I roasted the squash for about 40 minutes at 375 degrees.

 Scrape the cooked squash out of their skins and place it in a food processor along with some nutmeg, salt and pepper, some sage fried in butter and enough cream to make it smooth and spreadable.  Boil lasagna noodles and place a layer of them in the bottom of your pan.  Spread some of the squash over the noodles.  Top with another layer of noodles.

 Mix a container of ricotta cheese with salt and pepper, 1 cup of parmesan  cheese, 2 cups of shredded mozzarella and 2 eggs.  Spread a layer over the noodles and top with some sauteed spinach.

 Add more noodles and keep layering the ingredients.

 Finish with a layer of noodles and drizzle them with some melted butter.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper and paprika.

 Place it on a cookie sheet because it will bubble over.
Bake it at 375 degrees for about 40 minutes.

 Let it rest for about 15 minutes before cutting it.

This was the first time I made this and it was a huge hit.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This looks yummy!
I still have a few squash in my garden, I'll see if I have enough to try this :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
greekwitch said…
My mouth filled with saliva instantly!
It looks surprisingly yummy for something that's essentially health food.
Guillaume said…
Vegetarian, isn't it? Oh I want to make this one with my wife! We love lasagna and this one is an autumnal lasagna!
Unknown said…
That looks really yummy!
Unknown said…
That looks really yummy!
Fiona said…
Thank you for this fabulous recipe! We have tons of squash and love lasagna!
It sound wonderful, Joyce, and looks even better. (my notebook is GROWING) but it's so nice to just go to your blog and find a great recipe. Thank you so much for going to so much trouble for us.
chickpea678 said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
chickpea678 said…
Perfect for the abundance of butternut squash from our csa!!! Thank you!