Thursday, September 29, 2016

Football Pizza

When our team plays out of town, I like to make football food for everyone to eat while they watch the game on TV.  Pizza is always a favorite.  Here is the recipe for my dough:
3 C. flour
1 T. sugar
2-1/4 tsp. rapid rise yeast
3 T. olive oil
1 tsp. salt
1-1/2 C. water
Mix this all together and knead until you have a smooth ball of dough.  Place it in an oiled bowl and let it rise until doubled.

I made a simple sauce by using 2 large cans of crushed Muir Glen Fire Roasted Tomatoes and 1 large can of tomato paste. I added some granulated garlic and onion (2 T. each), 1 T. black pepper, 2 T. dried oregano, 1 T. sugar and 2 T. Italian seasoning. Not need to cook this.

Split the dough into whichever size pizzas you like.  Top with sauce with cheese and toppings and bake at 475.  I bake them on a pizza stone.  

Simple to make and better than the local delivery!


7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Well, whaddya know, I have a foodie post today too! Mine would be great for watching the CFL or NHL.

Susan said...

That looks so GOOD!

Leeanna Henderson said...

That looks sooooooo MESSY and delicious.

thecottagebythecranelakethree said...

I had to go out on Google to be able to come here today, when I clicked on the link I always do I got a message that the address didn't excist??!! Very odd!

That pizza look sooo yummy! It is strange, I really like pizza, still I only eat it once or twice every year :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.

Guillaume said...

I had pizza today at work.

chickpea678 said...

Who won?

Jim said...

I'd say it is better!!