Football Pizza

When our team plays out of town, I like to make football food for everyone to eat while they watch the game on TV.  Pizza is always a favorite.  Here is the recipe for my dough:
3 C. flour
1 T. sugar
2-1/4 tsp. rapid rise yeast
3 T. olive oil
1 tsp. salt
1-1/2 C. water
Mix this all together and knead until you have a smooth ball of dough.  Place it in an oiled bowl and let it rise until doubled.

I made a simple sauce by using 2 large cans of crushed Muir Glen Fire Roasted Tomatoes and 1 large can of tomato paste. I added some granulated garlic and onion (2 T. each), 1 T. black pepper, 2 T. dried oregano, 1 T. sugar and 2 T. Italian seasoning. Not need to cook this.

Split the dough into whichever size pizzas you like.  Top with sauce with cheese and toppings and bake at 475.  I bake them on a pizza stone.  

Simple to make and better than the local delivery!


Comments

Well, whaddya know, I have a foodie post today too! Mine would be great for watching the CFL or NHL.
Susan said…
That looks so GOOD!
Leanna said…
That looks sooooooo MESSY and delicious.
Anonymous said…
I had to go out on Google to be able to come here today, when I clicked on the link I always do I got a message that the address didn't excist??!! Very odd!

That pizza look sooo yummy! It is strange, I really like pizza, still I only eat it once or twice every year :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Guillaume said…
I had pizza today at work.
Jim said…
I'd say it is better!!