Hot Sauce

I've been making a lot of this sauce recently.  I don't like things too spicy but my kids love heat, especially my daughter who seems to never find anything hot enough.  I also find that most hot sauces lack flavor and just supply heat so I experimented until I created one with lots of flavor.  This can be made as spicy or mild as you like depending on which peppers you use.  I used medium heat peppers for this one
 Start by sauteing an onion in a few tablespoons of oil.  Add as much chopped garlic as you want.  For this batch, I sliced up about 30 peppers after I removed the stems.  You can leave the membrane and seeds in the peppers.  Barely cover with water. Cook them for about 20-25 minutes until they soften.  Don't overcook them.  Set them aside to cool.  Puree in a food processor and add the following:

2 C. vinegar
4 T. Korean gochujang (optional but it adds great flavor)
3 tablespoons of honey (depends on how sweet you want it)
Add several teaspoons of salt (to taste)
1 cube vegetable bouillon ( I use my homemade bouillon)





 Bad photo, good sauce.

Comments

Anonymous said…
that sounds like a winner for sure,
PAK said…
Did you can it? How is it preserved. Refrigerated? Thanks.
jaz@octoberfarm said…
you can can this by processing for 20 minutes in a water bath but it lasts a long time in the fridge because of the vinegar and salt. it gets eaten so fast here that i never bother to can it.
Kay said…
My brother and family love everything spicy. They would have loved this.