Butter and Garlic Roasted Tomato Sauce

I made this for my kids yesterday and it's really very good sauce.                                                                                   
Pour 1- 28 oz. can of peeled tomatoes in a 9X13 pan.  Add 8 chopped garlic cloves, 2 anchovies, 1/2 C. butter cut in pieces, 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste.  Place this in a 450 degree oven and cook for 50 minutes, stirring it halfway through.

Remove from the oven and using a potato masher, mash the tomato and garlic pieces until you have a smoother sauce.


This is a very rich sauce that is loaded with flavor.

Serve this with your favorite pasta.  I used spaghetti.  Sprinkle it with grated Parmesan before serving.


Comments

laurie said…
that must smell amazing!
Susan said…
I bet they have no idea they are loving anchovies.
That looks soo good! I've only eaten two sandwiches at lunch today so these photos made me even more hungry :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Michele said…
I can't wait to try this!
Deena said…
I'm not sure my hubby will like the anchovies....do you think the recipe would be good without them?
Do the anchovies have a strong taste in the dish?
Thank you!
Linda said…
Sounds and looks amazing❣Linda@Wetcreek Blog
Guillaume said…
Looks a lot like our Tunisian spaghetti.
jaz@octoberfarm said…
there is absolutely no taste of anchovies at all. they melt and enrich the flavor of the recipe.
Ian's Girl said…
Oh dear lord, I will be making this tomorrow. Thank you!
I made your chili recipe last night AGAIN..served it over Frito's with cheese on top. I have about one bowl left in the frig. It's late but I keep thinking I would like some..for breakfast maybe? :)
This recipe sounds wonderful too.