- 2 pounds potatoes, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1½ - 2 pounds smoked sausage sliced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 stalks of celery diced
- 1 cup diced sweet peppers
- 2 diced carrots
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. salt and 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Dice the carrots, onions and celery. Saute' them along with the diced peppers for a couple ofminutes. Add the stock and the cubed potatoes. I also added broccoli and kale. Add the broth and bring to a low boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are tender. Add the sliced sausage and cook until heated through. Add the cream and the seasoning. Taste it and adjust if necessary.
- Stir in shredded cheese until melted. Serve immediately.