|My daughter finished decorating her place this weekend and she sent me this photo. Great job daughter!|
|On a cold Sunday morning, I made my kids and their significant others, breakfast in bed.|
- 1 Tbsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3/4 C whole milk
- 2 large eggs room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 C flour (first mix)
- 2 1/2 C flour (second mix)
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 C softened butter
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 C Belgian pearl sugar (not Swedish pearl sugar)
- Place yeast, sugar and milk into your mixer and proof yeast 5-10 mins
- Add the eggs and 1 1/2 C of the flour, mix until it's smooth
- Sprinkle remaining 2 1/2 C flour over the mixture, to keep the dough from getting crusty. cover the bowl and let rise 90 mins
- Add brown sugar and salt and blend on low to medium-low speed. While mixing add the honey and vanilla.
- Add butter 2 Tbsp at a time.
- Mix 4 minutes at medium-low speed, let the dough rest for 1 minute and then continue to mix for 2 minutes, then rest, repeat until the dough balls up on the hook.
- Cover and let rise for 4 hours.
- Then knock the dough down.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap, 2-3 times around
- Refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, place the cold dough on a slightly floured surface and knead in ALL the Belgian sugar .
- Once mixed, divide the dough into 13 pieces of equal size.
- Squeeze each chunk into an ball and let it rise for 90 minutes.
- Cook in a waffle iron for about 3 mins at 360 degrees.