Mushroom Rice

This is a bowl of comfort food if ever there was one.
And it can be made easily in one pot. 

Ingredients:

  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 pound cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
  • 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 1 cup rice
  • 2 cups beef broth
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives

 Saute' the onion and garlic in the olive oil until it becomes translucent.  Add the mushrooms, thyme, salt and pepper and worcestershire  sauce and cook until the mushrooms begin to brown, about 5 minutes.

 Add the rice.

  Then the broth and bring to a boil.

 Then turn it down to a simmer.

 Cover it and cook on low for 30 minutes.

 Stir it around.

 Add the butter and stir until melted.


Sprinkle with some fresh parsley before serving.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Easy to make and I'm sure it tasted delicious. A must try.

Have a great day!

Christer.
TARYTERRE said…
Comfort food is just what I need today. YUM! YUM!
Guillaume said…
I'd try some even though I don't like mushrooms in general.
Dee said…
Oh my - that looks so good!
Leanna said…
Oh My Great Goddess!!! This looks soooooo good. I have to try this. Thank you for being a fantastic cook.
I love crab cakes (who doesn't?), but my, oh my, that mushroom rice sounds and looks marvelous.