Pecan Pie

Remember The Blog Tech requested additional pecan pie after Thanksgiving?  Well, yesterday he got one and his sister got one to take to work
 I always make a pate' sucre for the crust.

 Crimped and ready for the filling.


1 Unbaked Pie Crust
1 cup Pecans (Chopped)
1 cup White Sugar
3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1 cup Dark Corn Syrup
½ teaspoons Salt
¾ teaspoons Vanilla Extract
⅓ cup Salted Butter (melted)
3 whole Eggs (beaten)
 I was out of dark corn syrup and used Lyle's Gold Syrup.

 I chop the pecans and place them on top of the unbaked crust.

 Beat all of the ingredients together and then pour it over the nuts.  Bake it covered loosely with foil at 350 degrees for 30 minutes and then continue baking an additional 20-30 minutes uncovered.  It will still be giggly in the middle but will firm up as it cools.  UPDATE:  okay...thanks Debra!  my pie doesn't giggle, it jiggles.  But it sure would be cute if it giggled!  I'd make it more often if it did that!

 Not very pretty.  Dark corn syrup works better in this recipe.  The Lyle's made it a bit too dark.

 No complaints from The Blog tech and his wife though.

Comments

My favorite pie, but oh, the guilt (because of calories). I haven't made it in years but I order it when it is offered in a restaurant.
Anonymous said…
I'm thinking of doing this one for Christmas but I'm not sure I'll be able to find pecans, might have to use walnuts instead but since I love walnuts I'm happy with that change :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.

https://thecottagebythecranelakefour.wordpress.com
I'd giggle for a piece of that pie too.
chickpea678 said…
That crimped pie crust is so pretty! I know lots of people who'd like a slice of that pie!