- 1/2 cup soft goat cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup brown sugar
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- 5 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- Prepare your crust.
- On a floured surface, roll the chilled dough out into a flat circle shape with a floured rolling pin. Fold the dough in half and gently transfer the dough to a 10-inch pie plate. Unfold to cover the plate. Trim the dough to the shape of the plate, leaving a bit of overhang and fold to make the crust edge. Crimp the edges.
- Prepare the topping by mixing together the almonds, sugar and melted butter in a small bowl.
- Transfer the filling to the rolled out pastry dough and sprinkle evenly with the almond topping. Bake in a preheated 375° oven on the middle rack, rotating part way through the baking time, for 35 to 45 minutes or until the filling has set and the pastry and almonds are nicely browned.
- Cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes and then cover and chill for a few hours before serving.
I didn't cover it, I just sat it in the fridge for about 4 hours.