Thursday, January 26, 2017

Chicken Taquitos

 This is what I made for the after school kids yesterday...chicken taquitos.  The kids eat everything that I send to them but certain things are their favorites and these are always popular.  I made 8 quarts of salsa to go with them.

 For the filling, dice cooked chicken (I used about 7 quarts but I made almost 100 of these), 3 blocks of cream cheese (8oz), 6 cups of grated cheddar cheese, granulated garlic and onion, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper or you can use packaged taco seasoning. Squeeze in the juice of 3 limes.

 Mix it thoroughly.  I also added corn.

 Roll some filling in flour tortillas.

 Place them seam side down and brush with oil.

Bake them in a 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes until they begin to brown.   These can be served warm or at room temperature.

8 comments:

Valerie said...

Looks yummy!

Susan said...

My guess is that, as word gets around about the quality of the food in the after school program, you may be feeding over a hundred next year....brace yourself.

thecottagebythecranelakethree said...

That looks delicious! Still too much for me but I managed to eat some pancakes today :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.

Mary Ann said...

That is an easy recipe for a crowd!

TARYTERRE said...

Looks delicious.

Gemmagirl said...

As usual food that nourishes the body and spirit.

linda said...

Wow. That's a lot of work and looks delicious! I know they loved those!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

What a neat healthy dish for kids! They must dream about the food you send to them! I am so proud to know you and your family..well..at least I FEEL like I do! :) Honey on toast this morning with fresh coffee and I thought of you and the the blog tech. Please tell him "hi" for me, will you?