Early Spring In My Gardens


 It's been so mild and we have had so much rain that my grass is green. In the middle of the pic you can see one of my mirror chains with a heavy glass star fish.

 Teddy and I took a walk down to the lower garden.  She loves to drink dirty water.

 I love the woods this time of year.  My paper bark maples are beautiful.

 A bit of Spring color.

A few daffodils are blooming.
 TMI...a view you rarely see...Teddy's butt.  The winds were blowing  harder than I can remember.
 "OMG, mama....you showed people my butt?"

 "How dare you?"

 "I might have to run away from home."

 "If I don't get blown away from home first."

 A resting garden.

 Teddy terrorizes the fish as she looks for a place to get a drink through the leaves.

"A few leaves never hurt anyone."
 The majestic 'Weeping Beech'.

 Some trees are budding out....allergies!

 This is the first time I've ever seen this.  I still have leaves on the Oakleaf Hydraneas as they are budding.  We have had the mildest winter in years.


My new project....wind chimes.  I made these copper and glass wind chimes yesterday. It was  a perfect day to try them out. If they survived the wind we had, they are good to go.  I'm not thrilled with these but they are the first ones I've made.  I'll improve with practice.  (Click for a closer look.)

Comments

Mrs.T said…
Are y'all getting snow this weekend?
Here in Nashville they are calling for 1-3 inches on Saturday!
Susan said…
Teddy wouldn't dare run away from home - who would roast chickens for her? Your garden looks beautiful, even in repose. We're getting the same winds - which I could do without. I love your wind chimes! I love the sound of wind chimes.
Rain said…
I love the wind chimes! I have a set of wooden ones and that sound is so relaxing. Your garden is just lovely Joyce. I can't wait to see some green again, I know you want snow, you can have mine okay? :) Teddy is adorable, even his cute little butt ha ha!
Leanna said…
I heard yesterday that it was windy up there. All dogs drink dirty water. There is nothing we can do about it. ahahahahaaa! I love those wind chimes. You should make a bunch and sell them.
Anonymous said…
We still have lots of snow left here after the snow storm but it is thankfully melting away rather quickly now. Still far behind You though even if we too have had an unusually warm winter.

Teddy is as cute as ever :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Leanne said…
Looks like the garden is waking up. I'm not ready for autumn/winter feel cheated we had a wet cold summer. Teddy looks like she is enjoying the garden
I have always loved windchimes and yours looks lovely!
Diane said…
Lovely photos and I am sure Teddy would never leave you :-) Diane
Guillaume said…
Gorgeous pictures as usual. So atmospheric. Here it's early Spring too with warm weather. And this evening for the first time since October I walked back home through the unlit path.
1st Man said…
Teddy just thought it was the "Moon Garden", haha!!!!

Love that little building nestled into the hillside in the resting garden. Is it a storage shed? I'd make it an art studio. ;-)
TARYTERRE said…
Love your windchimes. Eclectic and defintely cool. I bet they sound wonderful. Teddy and you looked like you had a lovely walk. Your lower gardens are beautiful. Do you often just sit somewhere and connect to nature out there?
chickpea678 said…
You are non-stop creative. Love your new project!