Tofu Buddha Bowls

The Blog Tech and his wife are on diets.  They are going on their honeymoon in early may.  Bali!!!  Lucky kids!  I am helping them by making healthy low cal meals and these buddha bowls have become their new favorites.
You can make many variations of this depending on what your preferences are and what you have on hand.  For this batch, I sauteed onions just until they began to turn translucent.

 Then I browned some zuchinni.  Season everything with salt and pepper as you cook them.

 I added sauteed asparagus too.

 I baked some tofu but you could use chicken or shrimp or any protein of your choice.

 This was layered over Israeli couscous.  You can change up the grain and use rice or faro or anything that floats your boat.

You can also vary dressings though I made an Asian one for these bowls:

  • 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil 
  • 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
  • 2 cloves minced garlic
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil 
  • 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon gochujang paste




Comments

That might even persuade me to eat tofu!
Kev Alviti said…
Yeah, not a tofu fan but that looks lovely!
TARYTERRE said…
I'm not a tofu fan either. But I admit this looks intriguing.
Guillaume said…
Oh I wish I could make such a meal for lunch sometimes!
Kay said…
Oh my gosh! This is perfect!!! I would love to eat that! Our whole family would. I've heard Bali is fabulous! They'll have a great time.