Hummingbirds and Taco Pasta

 I love hummingbirds and see many of them in my gardens. I found some hummingbird pendants and thought they would make great mirror chains.  I made one I really liked and hung it in my back garden and when my daughter was here, she fell in love with it so it went home with her. Click for a closer look.

 The Blog Tech and his wife have house guests coming in tonight so I made them this one to give to their guests.

Some people are afraid to hang these outside when I give them one but I've left mine out over the winter and they still look like new.
 Since the end of the after school program is near, I've started asking the kids for requests.  Almost without exception, they want something loaded with cheese.  They really, really like cheese.

Now that we are into hot weather, Teddy wants to get up and go outside when it's cooler.  So, I was making taco mac and cheese at 3:00am this morning.  I have lots of cooking to do today for the house guests  and I'll show you tomorrow what I made.

Comments

Leanna said…
OMG! I love mac and cheese. Beautiful hummingbird charms too.
Susan said…
That hummingbird mirror chain is just magical. It makes you happy just to look at it! I'm with the kids. There is no such thing as too much cheese! Gosh - we could have called each other this morning while you were cooking away....
Rain said…
Anything with cheese makes me happy :) The pendants are really pretty. I love hummingbirds, they love the lilac tree here and I'm hoping some of the flowers I'll be planting will attract even more of them this year! But inevitably, they scare the bleep out of me each time they fly by lol...I'm never ready for that hummmmmmmmmmmmm....
Jenn said…
Hummingbirds are so neat! I was camping once during their migration and there were just dozens of them, one after another at the feeders. I could've watched for hours.

Cheese is also awesome. :-)
Anonymous said…
I so understand those kids :-) Anything with cheese is yummy :-)

I've always wanted to see hummingbirds but they don't live on this side of the ocean.

Have a great day!

Christer.
When I was their age, I loved anything loaded with cheese too. Hey, wait a minute . . . I still do!
Gemmagirl said…
What beautiful garden chains. You are so creative. I also get the feeling though that you get joy in giving them away. My whole feeling about you is that your life revolvers around the other. God bless you. I'm learning so much from you.
Diana from Canada
Gemmagirl said…
Oops that should say revolves. Darn spell check and I'm soooooo against guns.
Guillaume said…
Lovely. My parents had hummingbirds in their garden.
TARYTERRE said…
I love hummingbirds. Your mirror chains are charming.
greekwitch said…
That is a beautiful chain. 3am? That's tough!! How are you holding up for the rest of the day?
You are right. The garden chains are magical...
The only person that I know that doesn't like pasta is Howard. I think is may be missing a "pleasure" gene somehow! :) It looks delicious.
How you do so much I will never know. Organization? That's the "gene" I'm missing!!
Tech Cloud Ltd said…
Wow, the pasta looks so yummy and tasty. After seeing the photo I cannot resist my tongue. Very well captured along with the editing work as it seems so scrumptious. Anyways, which camera did you use to capture it? I’m also working on clipping path platform for the editing kind of kinds of stuff. Anyways very good sharing; please keep posting more. I’ll definitely visit your blog again. clipping path