Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce

In addition to the Indonesian green beans I made yesterday, I also made the weary travelers two satays. The one on the left is made with thinly sliced chicken breasts. Slice 4 boneless chicken breasts into thin slices. In your food processor, blend 2 stalks of lemongrass, 3 garlic cloves, 6 shallots, 2 tsp. turmeric, 1 tsp. coriander pwd., 1 tsp. chili pwd., 1/2 tsp. salt, 2 T. sugar. Add a little water and marinate the chicken in this for 24 hours. After it's marinaded, skewer it on bamboo skewers which have been soaked in water for at least an hour.  Cook over charcoal until chicken is cooked and begins to scorch.


Serve it with peanut sauce:  1-1/2 cups peanuts chopped.  1 C. water, 1 T. sweet soy sauce (kecap manis), 1-1/2 T. palm sugar, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/4 C. oil, 1/4 C. tamarind juice.    4 dried chilies, 3 cloves garlic, 3 shallots minced, 2 stalks lemongrass minced, 1 inch cube ginger minced, 1 T. coriander powder.  Saute the last 6 ingredients in the 1/4 cup of oil until aromatic.  Stir in the rest of the ingredients and cook until it begins to thicken.  Serve it drizzled over the cooked chicken.


Comments

TARYTERRE said…
comfort food. delicious i'm sure.
It is early in the AM, but my stomach tells me that I want some of that.
Dee said…
Ate lots of that when we lived in Singapore! Most of it cooked on the street corners!
Is there anything yummier in this world than chicken satay and peanut sauce? I think not.
Anonymous said…
I'm pretty sure I'll try the chicken soon!

have a great day!

Christer.
Rain said…
Oh I love peanut sauce! The last time I had that was in the 80's...wow, that was a long time ago. Alex is allergic to peanuts so we don't eat them or even have them in the house anymore. I used to put peanut butter in the dogs' cookies, but the thought of any of that touching anything he might ingest was too scary!
Guillaume said…
Yummy, yummy, yummy. Again this looks summery and exotic, just like what we'd need here.
chickpea678 said…
Yum! On my to make list!